We all know that beautiful floral arrangements can do wonders to a room, giving it the perfect vibe. But why limit the enjoyment to just you and the people who live in your house? We can help you get that picture-perfect flower bouquet, whether you are having them delivered from us or making them yourself, so that every Instagram post is a definite double-tap.
Here are some tips to making your arrangements as aesthetically pleasing as possible and a few tricks on how to get that “oh so perfect” photo of them:
Think of your color palette and texture.
Before you start cutting, get an idea of how you want to arrange your flowers and play with different heights by either laying them out on the table or collecting them in your hand. Then you can start cutting the stems on an angle and filling in your bouquet. Consider choosing a few focal point flowers to stand above the rest of the arrangement.
When shopping for flowers, it’s important to choose the right color combinations in order to create an arrangement that really pops. There are a few ways to do this and the color wheel can be a lot of help. There are many types of color combinations for flowers:
- Monochromatic: Monochromatic flower schemes use multiple shades of a single color.
- Analogous: Analogous flower schemes use colors located next to each other on the color wheel – such as all warm colors or all cool colors.
- Complementary: Complementary color flower schemes use colors completely opposite of each other on the color wheel, allowing for a big pop of color. Christmas bouquets are a perfect example of this!
- Triadic: Triadic flower schemes include three colors, equally spaced from each other on the color wheel. These combinations are a little harder but can also be lots of fun!
Many people are hesitant to add greenery/fillers to their arrangements. However, it’s a great option to fill in gaps, give the arrangement some depth, and even add its own beauty to the display. Once you begin adding green to your arrangements and embracing the stems, you’ll wonder why you were ever turned off by the idea.
Camera Tricks for Instagram
Snapping a photo of your flowers doesn’t come without it’s challenges. We’ve all seen a cringe-worthy grainy or over-filtered photo pop up on our Instagram feeds. You know you don’t want to get that type of reaction from your followers and especially with the flowers you’ve just created. Luckily, there are plenty of simple camera tricks that’ll allow you to get the best possible photos of your flowers. Here’s what to remember:
- Don’t use the flash from your phone. If possible, set your arrangement near a window so you can illuminate the photo with natural sunlight.
- Don’t panic if you can’t fit the entire bouquet or arrangement into the picture. In fact, taking a photo of a portion of the arrangement can actually turn out even better, giving it more of an artistic feel than a promotional one.
- Unless you’re trying to show off the vase as well, take your photo from a slight upward angle so the focus is on the flowers. Not too high up, though if you want to show off a vintage or cool vase!
- Show off the emotion…if you have someone to hold your gorgeous flowers and pose, why not? Show the emotion that flowers give off!
Arranging flowers is always a lot of fun, but it’s even more exciting when your social media circle can see the fruits of your labor and/or your DIY project.
And share or tag us! We love to see what you’ve made.
Remember if you love flowers as much as we do, maybe a flower box is the way to go! We would love to send you our monthly inspirations!